It's that time again!( RulesCollapse )
1. A job. I lost my job as a Library Assistant back in August, and I really miss it. If anyone in the Central Arkansas area has an in with any library or university, I have a Masters in Library Science, am a hard worker and learn quickly!
2. Remember your newspaper person this holiday season. My current (hopefully temporary) job is as a newspaper carrier, and while it's not the worst job in the world, there are definite cons: like the proverbial Postal carrier, we are out in rain, sleet, snow - everything. And unlike Postal workers, we are contractors, not employees, so we don't get benefits. And, of course, the newspaper comes everyday, which means we *work* everyday. AND we have to pay for our own bags and rubberbands.
So when you get that little card in your paper in the coming days, asking for a little remuneration, remember that you don't have to go farther than your front porch in order to get the news, and consider sending your paper person five bucks.
3. To make extra money, I knit those ruffle scarves that are so popular, and sell them. But selling them online ends up costing *me* money, and it's hard to find a way to sell them in person that's any better. Craft fairs charge through the nose for a stall. A flea market stall would work, but that's way more space than I need, and also pretty expensive. If anyone in the Central Arkansas area wants to go in on a flea market stall, or has any other options to offer, please contact me! Or just contact me if you're interested in buying a scarf. I have lots of colors and patterns and can provide pictures.
4. The proverbial Amazon
wishlist. Gently used is perfectly fine; if you have an old or second-hand copy of anything on my list, just send it my way! :)
5. Cat jewelry. I'd prefer earrings, but bracelets, necklaces, anklets, they're all good. And if they're holiday themed - even if that holiday is St. Patty's or Easter! - all the better. I can wear pierced earrings and ones with nickel in them, so no need to specialty shop. Again, gently used is great with me.
6. I knit a lot, and while I have plenty of yarn, currently most of what I make are prayer shawls for the families of organ donors. I can always use more yarn, even if it's only a little bit. Or even the last few cents on a craft store (Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Jo-Ann, Wal-Mart) gift card.
7. I'm a member of PaperBackSwap.com, which is a great site. It's an online book-swapping site where you send other people your old books for free, which in turn earns you a credit towards requesting your own book for free. The books I have to send out are here
, and if you are in the market for any, please request. I'd love to get these books out of my home and into someone else's - and earn more credits! If you're not a member of PaperBackSwap and would like to be, please consider naming me as your referral - which will also earn me a credit! My user name is amarinrose, and my email is email@example.com
And these give back!
8. I am a member of Swagbucks.com. This is one of those online money-earning websites that REALLY works. I can make up to $75 a month on my computer and smartphone with a little work. With practically no work, you can still earn $10 a month or so. If you'd like to sign up using my referral link
, I will get a little bonus after you earn your first 50 credits, and once you do, we both will be entered into a drawing to win up to $100! Win/win, yes/yes?
9. If you like shopping and/or selling online, why not try Listia? It's like eBay, except you sell for credits instead of money (and use credits to buy things). I've been a member for over two years and it's worked great for me! There's tons of ways to earn free credits, like sharing items for sale on your Facebook, or posting certain items on certain days, so you can even buy stuff for free! And if you join using my referral link
, we both get some credits!
In return, I can send Christmas cards to anyone with an address. I've screened comments, and anyone who wants a holiday card, just leave your snail mail and I'll get it out as soon as I can!
Tags: christmas meme, holiday meme, holiday wishlist, meme