It's that time again!( RulesCollapse )
1. Dude, the Salvation Army Santas needs your pocket change – and you don’t. Go forth and donate all those pesky pennies! This is the season of giving, after all.
2. And with those pesky ones in your purse/wallet, head down to your local dollar store, purchase a toy, and drop it off at a local Toy Drive. Christmas is for kids, and a lot of them have parents who don’t make enough money for presents. 'Tis better to give than to receive, and you could make some kid's day.
And, now that my altruistic side has been sated *wink*:
3. The proverbial paid
account time. I like my icons. :) *points up* This one is totally borrowable - with credit.
4. The proverbial Amazon
wishlist. Gently used is perfectly fine; if you have an old copy of anything on my list, just send it my way! :)
5. Cat jewelry. I'd prefer earrings, but bracelets, necklaces, anklets, they're all good. And if they're holiday themed - even if that holiday is Halloween or Easter! - all the better. I can wear pierced earrings and ones with nickel in them, so no need to speciality shop. Again, gently used is great with me. I adore my stray kitties - one is right now *trying* to help me write this list! *grin*
6. I knit a lot, and while I have plenty of yarn, three of my current projects are making hats for children at the local children's hospital, blankets for women with breast cancer, so they can stay warm during chemo treatments, and prayer shawls for shut-ins. I can always use more yarn, even if it's only a little bit. Or even the last few cents on a craft store (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Jo-Anns, Wal-Mart) gift card. Needles and patterns are great too.
7. I'm a member of PaperBackSwap.com, which is a great site. It's an online book-swapping site where you send other people your old books for free, which in turn earns you a credit towards requesting your own book for free. The books I have to send out are here
, and if you are in the market for any, please request. I'd love to get these books out of my home and into someone else's - and earn more credits! If you're not a member of PaperBackSwap and would like to be, please consider naming me as your referral - which will also earn me a credit! My user name is amarinrose, and my email is email@example.com
9. An NCIS/CSI: Las Vegas crossover fic that includes as many of the following as possible: Greg, Abby and Tim geeking out together (in any combination), use of sign language as a significant plot point (like used as silent communication during an op, when they can see each other but can't talk), Warrick and Tony vying to be the most stylish agent on the case, and definitely something about bugs. I am partial to Gibbs/Tony, but I keep wanting to see Abby, Tony and Greg end up in bed together. Mmm...
And this one gives back!
10. If you shop on eBay or any of dozens other online stories like Shop.com, Walmart.com, Sephora, or Barnes and Noble, you could make money back on each purchase! Just join BigCrumbs.com, make your purchases on those sites by clicking on their link at BigCrumbs, and BigCrums will pay you back a percentage of your purchase price. I've been a member for a a year and have already make back over one hundred and thirty dollars! And if you join using my link -
- I will get a comission for each rebate you get! Win/win, yes/yes?
In return, I can send Christmas cards to anyone with an address. I've screened comments, and anyone who wants a holiday card, just leave your snail mail and I'll get it out as soon as I can!
Tags: christmas meme, holiday meme, holiday wishlist
Current Mood: hopeful
Current Music: Straight No Chaser - The Christmas Can-Can